Low Soil Disturbance, Superior Seed Placement
Model 9612 was designed to convert worn out, or customers that are unhappy with the performance of their 1890 or 1895 single disc openers, disc drills. By reusing the JD frame, cast frame mount and spring assembly, customers save 10’s of 1000’s of dollars and have a superior disc opener with the K‑Hart undercut design.
The angled offset discs provide a low disturbance seed trench to where the seed is dropped and the soil gently closes over the seedbed before it is packed by the packer wheel. The angled seed trench prevents seed bounce and keeps the moisture in the seedbed. Model 9612 offers the best soil to seed contact than any other disc opener on the market!
Model 9612 is a patented undercut disc technology. The undercut design slices through heavy residue and achieves better soil to seed contact. Our durable and reliable openers are faster, more efficient and ready to work as hard as you!
Benefits of the Model 9612 Gent Undercut technology:
- Requires very low horsepower
- Industry-leading soil to seed contact
- Newly designed packer assembly
- Reduced soil disturbance
- Greasable triple lipped stainless-steel sealed bearings. Largest bearings in the industry!
- Lead angled 17” disc with offset 14.5” Opener disc practically eliminates hairpinning.
- Standard wear-resistant mud scrapers with carbide edges keeps blades clean in the most challenging conditions.
- K-Hart quick-adjust cam stop packer depth adjustment for seed depth in 1/4” increments.
- An array of k-hart packer wheels can be used.
- All opener models can be fitted with K-Hart’s optional residue managers. No other residue manager on the market offers all of the following features: adjustable blade angles, an exclusive adjustable spring for different down pressures and a lock-up tab when the residue manager is not required. It also has a proven bearing system that will outperform most bearing systems, giving years of trouble-free operation. Our steel residue manager blades are made with special wear-resistant material for exceptional durability. The exclusive K-Hart trip assembly helps eliminate damage when tripping over rocks allowing up to 10” of trip travel.
- All models can be equipped with optional mud scrapers for cleaning between the discs.
- All models can be equipped with our many different packer profiles.
- All models can be equipped with K-Hart fertilizer banders when mounted on a K-Hart toolbar.
(One of K-Hart's best-kept secrets that we are now letting you in on!)
While many competitors' drills use light 204 or 205 series disc bearings which lack axial and thrust support, K-Hart uses a bearing specifically design for tough and dirty seeding conditions. Our 5206 series bearings offers a sealed double row ball, triple lip seal that surpasses any other disc bearing on the market for reliable long term performance.