Model 8612 Gent
Low Soil Disturbance, Superior Seed Placement
The angled offset discs provide a low disturbance seed trench to where the seed is dropped and the soil gently closes over the seed bed before it is packed by the packer wheel. The angled seed trench prevents seed bounce and keeps the moisture in the seed bed. Model 8612 offers the best soil to seed contact than any other disc opener on the market!
Model 8612 is a patented undercut disc technology. The undercut design slices through heavy residue and achieves better soil to seed contact. Our durable and reliable openers are faster, more efficient and ready to work as hard as you!
Benefits of the Model 8612 Gent Undercut technology:
- Lead angled 17″ disc with offset 14.5″ opener disc practically eliminates hairpinning.
- K-Hart standard cam stop depth adjustment for seed depth in 1/4” increments for a range of 3”
- Unique pivoting opener arm allows disc to run parallel with the machine, which equals less horsepower and less soil disturbance.
- Industry leading soil to seed contact
- K-Hart standard parallel linkage that provides 8″ of travel with adjustable spring down pressure from 120 lbs to over 800 lbs to match your soil conditions and to follow the contour of the seed bed.
- K-Hart standard heavy-duty hubs with triple stainless steel seal greaseable 5206 double ball bearings. Largest bearing in the industry.
- Reduced soil disturbance
- Requires very low horsepower
- Standard wear-resistant mud scrapers with carbide edges keep blades clean in the most challenging conditions.
- Seeding with discs is faster than knife openers
- Any model of seed cart can be used with a K-Hart drill
- Optional inter-row fertilizer coulters available
- A selection of K-Hart packer wheels can be used.
- All opener models can be fitted with K-Hart’s optional residue managers. No other residue manager on the market offers all of the following features: adjustable blade angles, an exclusive adjustable spring for different down pressures and a lock-up tab when the residue manager is not required. It also has a proven bearing system that will outperform most bearing systems, giving years of trouble-free operation. Our steel residue manager blades are made with special wear-resistant material for exceptional durability. The exclusive K-Hart trip assembly helps eliminate damage when tripping over rocks allowing up to 10” of trip travel.
- All models can be equipped with optional mud scrapers for cleaning between the discs.
- All models can be equipped with our many different packer profiles.
- All models can be equipped with K-Hart fertilizer banders when mounted on a K-Hart toolbar.
(One of K-Hart's best-kept secrets that we are now letting you in on!)
While many competitors' drills use light 204 or 205 series disc bearings which lack axial and thrust support, K-Hart uses a bearing specifically design for tough and dirty seeding conditions. Our 5206 series bearings offers a sealed double row ball, triple lip seal that surpasses any other disc bearing on the market for reliable long term performance.
More Action Video
8612 with parallel spring loaded down pressure linkage
8612 disc openers in action
Model 8612 Gent undercut technology at its finest. Virtually no straw pinning in this heavy corn residue field.
Lifting and lowering disc openers and banders on our patented linkage system