Mounted Packer / Harrow System and Shank Mount Packers
Download "Mounted Packer " Brochure
The K-Hart Series IV onrow packer system is a packer system for direct seeding or conventional seeding. It is designed for the customer that wants the best precision on-row seed packing.
K-Hart Series IV airseeder packers have features and benefits that no other packer system in the industry has to offer. We challenge you to find any other add-on packer system on the market that will out pack us!
Our distinguished Features start with the way we uniquely mount onto the back of the cultivator frame:
- Massive parallelogram trailing arms bolt to the back of the cultivator frame. These tension spring adjustable arms ensure that just enough pressure is applied to the packer wheels. Our parallel linkage arms move straight up and down for a total of 12" of vertical travel.
- Each packer assembly has its own spring for the uneven seed beds or obstacle clearance. If one packer assembly rides on a high ridge or bounces over a rock or pile of straw, it does not affect the performance of the other packers on the trailing arm. Each packer assembly can travel up to a total of 6" in height. Our system is not like other packers on the market that have 6 to 10 packers attached to a central axle gang (gang style packers) and tend to all lift off the ground when one packer hits a rock or uneven seedbed. See illustrated diagram.
- Each spring loaded packer arm also has its own swivel bracket to allow the packer assembly to pivot from side to side. When turning with your airseeder in the ground, the swivel brackets allow the packer to swivel from side to side and stay in the seeded run. Other packers on the market that can not swivel can skew the seed run, ridge the soil or may even flip upside down.
- An optional walking axle can be installed between a set of packer wheels allowing each packer wheel contact on the ground 100% of the time. The adjustable width spacing (7"-12") of our walking axle packer assembly allows the packer to walk up and down 3 inches. To explain differently, one packer could pack a seed run that was up to 3 inches higher than the other packer, yet both packer wheels would still have ground contact. We also have a single-wheel packer assembly option available.
- We have a wide range of packer styles. All packer wheels are a semi-pneumatic rubber of the highest quality. Check out our various profiles featured below.
- Optional 2-row harrows. The harrow option will help to level out uneven seedbeds due to high soil disturbance. A single row harrow option is also available.
- Optional 3-row mulchers. Remove the packers and install our optional 3-row harrows while still using our parallelogram trailing arms.
- We have adapters to be used on Bourgault quick-change arms. Should you have Bourgault quick-change harrows or Bourgault quick-change packers, we have an adapter that fits onto their arm saving you the cost of purchasing our parallelogram trailing arms. It's as simple as installing our packers with our adapter to hook up to their arm.
- Save money on fuel! Packing can be a one pass packing operation completed while you seed. Further, this is an efficient packer system requiring less than 1/2 HP per foot to pull. Economically sensible.